05 February 2011

CaraBella, Queen of Flynnland

Psalm 30:5, 10, 11, 12

"...Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."

"Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me.
      Help me, O Lord.”

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
      You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
      O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!"


Joy came to me in a fur package.  Her name is CaraBella, Queen of Flynnland.  Cara means beloved friend; Bella means beautiful; the rest is self explanatory.

Cara (formerly Queenie) was surrendered to animal control in Philadelphia late December/early January.  Then the wonderful folks at Second Time Around Rescue, STAR, pulled her from there, had her spayed, chipped, UTD on shots, and listed her for adoption with Petfinder.com.  That is where I saw her photo, and read her bio.  That was on Tuesday, 25 January 2011.  We met her on Saturday, the 29th and she came home with us that afternoon.  STAR thinks she may be 1-2 years old.  She has a German shepherd face and the fur on her neck feathers typical of GSD.  She has erect, pointed ears, but are kinda-of small.  Also, she has a long torso.  All the rest is the unknown breed.  Could be pitbull, lab, or another breed with a broad flat head and big backside.  She is very docile, loud noises don't phase her; she is sweet, and greets with kisses.  Other dogs and cats, well, so far, not so good.  Did I mention she knows how to open doors? 

I am curious to see if she would be a good candidate for a therapy dog.  I am going to wait about a year or so, after we get some good solid OB training (she was not responding to any commands but is doing pretty good on sit).  She walks nicely on the leash for me.  Praise the Lord for that favor!

So here she is, photos from my phone-camera, both taken the first day at work.



waiting in the car, on the ride home:




snozzing, giving belly.  Hard to see from this picture, but her belly is shaved from her spay surgery.

I'll write more about her later.  But, I'll just close with these thoughts I had today, about why God gave us dogs.  A) to demonstrate how we should love unconditionally, quick to forgive, be faithful and loyal  B) the obedience we expect from our dogs is what our Father wants from us, particularly "come"--when He calls us, we should run to Him just as fast as we can.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment